Friday, February 14, 2014

"Vampire Academy" Proves That Vampire Books Can Be Good


I'll be totally honest with you: when I first saw this book, I was irritated. It was YET ANOTHER vampire book riding along the coattails of that one major hit...what was it?

Oh yeah, fucking Twilight. (Don't even get me started on that...)

So, imagine my surprise when I saw the TV spot for the movie and realized this series looked pretty kickass. Rose seemed like the most sarcastic and sassy person EVER, so I was instantly intrigued. Plus, everyone was on my ass to finish it since the movie came out last weekend and they seemed to genuinely enjoy this book. If they liked it, I probably would too.

And Rose. Rose made me want to read it just so I could see what she would say.

I wasn't disappointed either. The book sucks you in immediately and you feel an instant attraction to the characters. Rose is exactly what I looked for in a main character and was very refreshing to read from her perspective, since she is definitely NOT a weak or whiny person. They plot was great too. It kept you on your toes and would gradually feed you information so that you wouldn't guess the ending. I appreciated this, because nothing sucks more than guessing the ending five minutes into the book.

I, honestly, can't wait to see the movie this weekend and compare them. I noticed that some of the parts of the trailer are different from the book, but, as long as they make a good ADAPTATION of the book, I'll be satisfied. I also can't wait to get my hands on the next book in this series, because this book is just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment