Monday, July 13, 2015

"Royal Wedding" is A Real Fairy Tale

OH MEG CABOT HOW I'VE MISSED YOU SO.

And you too, Mia, it's been a while. 

Oh man, Royal Wedding is fabulous. It's the same Mia that I loved as a kid, when I would read while waiting for my mom to come out of the store. She's still got the best one liners and humor, to the point that I was cracking up and having to read passages to my sister because they NEEDED to be shared. Overall, it was lovely to continue reading about the first Meg Cabot character that I met back in middle school (oh lord...I'm old). 

Were there some flaws? Yes. Did I really mind them? Nah. I mean, I finished this 450 some page book in one day, in between work and a full load of summer classes. If you can keep me THAT invested, then I am completely willing to overlook flaws. 

End Verdict? READ THE BOOK. Better yet, READ THE SERIES. Meg Cabot is a fantastic writer, to the point that I have mirrored my own writing style after hers. She is able to write such relatable characters and does so in a way that is so casual and natural that you end up 60 pages in without realizing it. Everything she writes is AMAZING (unless its the Underworld series...you can see my reviews on that one), so I 100% recommend checking her stuff out. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment